One of my favorite things in the world is seeing someone’s dreams come true. American Idol’s finale and the confetti bombs, tears, and performances get me every time. The final bows of the halftime performers at the Super Bowl when the reality of what they have done sinks in… just wow. Don’t get me started on the Olympics. I grab a bowl of popcorn and settle in, only to throw it on the floor screaming as the underdog (or any competitor) crosses the finish line. Those big moments get me.
The successes of my fellow moms make my heart swell even more, to be honest.
I see the hours spent at night creating after the kids have gone to bed while dishes and laundry hum in the background. Seeing the pride in their work as they make sales and friends along the way gives me all the happy tears.
Instagram recently announced they are changing from a photo format to a media sharing something-or-other. I get that bums a lot of small business owners out because they now have to work even harder to make products AND work the always-changing algorithms.
Instagram has changed for me, too, though.
I had my friends that I watched share photos of their babies, food, landscapes, and life. Now I scroll like never before and find so many “Insta-Moms” creating and making beautiful things. I scroll so often now to see what all is out there. More times than I can count, I find people *making* their dreams come true with their own two hands; painting, cutting, crafting, drawing, talking, and everything in between.
Here are some of my favorite Insta-Moms that have turned their dreams into business reality, not instantly, but through hard work… working the algorithm… and trying new things. Check them out!
Fun Things For Kids:
– @youngwild&friedman – Julie is the “play dough” lady and shares her family and creativity with the world.
– @strand.up – Jessica makes truly custom pieces for babies while making the world a better place and donating to charity too!
– @munchkinlanellc – Beca has grown her team (and copiers) to help make learning for littles fun and easy!
– @slimeobsidian – This late addition goes to Jacob when he started creating all things gooey and gross at 17!
Fun Things For Moms:
– @thetinytassel – Mimi and her mom hand craft gorgeous statement earrings and accessories fit for day or night!
– @espacio_popupshop – K and J got inspired on a trip to Mexico and began creating around their kitchen table together!
– @happymagnolias – Chrissy’s bright take bangles and earrings brightens up any day!
Beautiful Art (and Inspiration):
– @ettavee – Jessi shows that art is global. This France-based artist’s shares are uplifting art across all mediums.
– @josielewisart – Josie is a creative that touches all colors in the rainbow!
– @crewandco – Courtney is your girl for a daily dose of uplifting reminders and tools.
For the Fun of It:
– @packedparty – Jordan created a business based on making parties bright and possibly every day!
– @greatcrafternoon – Melissa makes Disney decor that is a perfect fit in any home, in any season!
– @glamfettico – Tiffany elevates any party with DIY balloon garlands and party supplies.
– @kailochic – Kara loves color and infuses it into everything she (and you) can get your hands on!